Monday 28 March 2011

I arrived coat-less[1] at Heathrow airport ever so early on Sunday morning. On the drive from the airport my eyes wandered here and there, to and fro. In fact they still do. There is so much to see, so many faces. The buildings are amazing. Amazing. As are the bright red double-decker buses and the old fashioned taxis.
Yesterday Erika, Mike and I went walking through Hyde Park where I saw my first squirrel! They then departed and I strolled down Oxford Street, caught the tube back to West Hampstead and perused the grocery store on my way home. I did buy some cinnamon and raisin bagels, which I ate for breakfast this morning. So divine.

Today has been quite productive. This morning Erika and Larissa kindly helped me make a list of places to visit, things to do and such. I purchased a phone, set up a bank account and cleaned the kitchen. Erika and I also moved Elliot's belongings fom one room to another, all but the computer. We were strictly instructed not to touch that.

[1] I left my coat at customs in Sydney airport. I put it down when I was putting my bags through the x-ray machine and in my nervous state forgot to pick it up again. Of course I didn't come to realise this until we were in the clouds.