Saturday 2 July 2011

ode to joy

Last night was full of nothing but bliss. Sophie and I abandoned the wild party on her, also soon to be my, roof and planted ourselves in the living room. The guitar came out, as did the new additions to our instrumental library - the tambourine and the kazoo. For a time we sang duets and tried our luck at playing the kazoo like Lykke Li.
Then there were four. Dave and Larissa, fellow residents of the Parsifal Road abode joined us for joyful sing-alongs and musical shenanigans. Larissa proved to be an excellent kazoo player, Dave became Mr Tambourine Man, Sophie rocked a few harmonies and I happily kept to playing the guitar, singing a melody and sweeping in with ooo's here and there.
I was completely and utterly happy, and in that moment I felt infinite*.

Today was just as wonderful. Sophie and I spent the morning baking cupcakes and giving them jewish surnames. At midday our feet took us to Hampstead Heath where we got lost on our way to finding some friends for a picnic. And what a joyous occasion it turned out to be. The sun was shining, people were grinning and all was well with the world. With my world.






*The Perks Of Being a Wallflower