Sunday 31 July 2011

sweden

Five days in the land of Svens really wasn't enough. I truly could have stayed so much longer. In fact I would be quite content to return for ever, if my ma could join me of course. Then we would both be happy. I do plan on returning at the end of September to blue eyes, blonde hair and a hand that plans on writing to me.

I swam in the Swedish sea at half past two in the morning, ambled through patches of forest numerous times between the hours of 12 and 3 in the am, trotted about town with a two Swedes and a Finn eating ice-cream and drinking non-alcoholic strawberry wine and spent an afternoon with my main Swede walking about some sort of castle. On my last night there we played a ukulele on a pier as the sun woke over the lake as 5 o'clock came around.

Shocked as you may be to hear this, I also showered like a true Scandanavian aka amongst others in a shower room. No partitians, nothing between us but several inches. Being English/Australian/quite reserved I hesitated at first to join the Swedes and tried to shower at times they didn't but by the end of the week I was showering at prime time. When in Sweden, right?