Monday 12 December 2011

are you having a holly jolly christmas?

I most certainly am. I love Christmas. More than any other time of the year. Tis my favourite holiday season on account of the joyful faces and the swell spirit that is ever so present.

I've been busy, busy, busy making wrapping paper and posting parcels and being generally merry.


Last night the annual Parsifal Christmas Dinner took place at the Palace. It was magical. Though lacking in Who-pudding and rare Who-roast-beast, so very delicious was our feast. 
While recovering from food-inuduced comas we gathered on the green rug with a wee piano and tea light candles to sing Christmas songs in sweet harmonies. As the night grew colder we revived our bodies and our minds with pavlova, made lovingly by Asha and I. Perhaps there was too much love in it though, or perhaps a little too much sugar? This combined with our over tiredness saw us rolling about the floor in fits of giggles. My laughter was so wild and uncontrollable that it sent me sliding down the stairs on my belly, and had me in foetal position on the floor by the front door. Dear me, it was wild. 
I settled myself down and ended the night with a lovely conversation with my lover. Twas a blissful, blissful event. I love Christmas. 











My secret gift to Sophie. Upon receiving it she exclaimed, "I'm going to keep them forever. And I'm going to have three children!"








My Secret Santa gift. A lovely London Tea Towel for my kitchen. 








FYI: It's not poo. Tis the extra caramel filling from Sophie's macaroons. We thought we were funny.