Friday 13 May 2011

old man jock

Oh me oh my, what a blessed evening. I warmed up my vocalisers and carried my guitar around the corner to The Dukes Head pub to sing a few tunes to the folk that were seated inside. Jodi came to listen before venturing out for a wild night at Tiger Tiger, a place I know nothing of, and I was left flying solo. I made friends with old man Jock and fellow Australian Anthony. Jock drunkenly rambled about things I couldn't quite understand, Anthony told me of his life, his wife and how they came to be. The bar tender and I also became acquainted. We exchanged many smiles between the few words we spoke. In his delightful British accent he asked me how my hot chocolate was and I told him it was lovely, really meaning 'I might be in love with you'. I lingered at the bar until just after 1am listening to voices of strangers telling tales and singing tunes. I walked home in the dark, proud of the conversations I held and happy about how my evening turned out.