Sunday 21 August 2011

every day is amazing

After chatting with our good friend Anders, the Norwegian/extreme optimist Celine and I decided that we're going to have amazing days. Anders has never had a bad day in his life, "Every day is amazing" says he.
We started the very next day by eating breakfast on the roof. Cinnamon buns and smoothies. The sun was shining and it was incredibly delightful. Between the morn and the eve I spoke to my Swede and hunted for jobs while Celine scored Vans freebies and brushed shoulders with her kind. When the night came I hopped on a bus to Camden Town for a gig. The lovely Bec Sandridge and I warmed up our vocalisers singing familiar tunes outside the Fiddler's Elbow. Folk songs from one, two, three souls floated about the room for a time. I made a new friend. He looks a little like a blonde Noel Fielding and plays a little like Fionn Regan. I was blown away, far away by his talents.

Amazing day number two involved free tee-shirts, fit skateboarders, a little rain, a little more sunshine and words with my Swede in the wee hours of day three. Celine, Paige and I went along to the Vans International Downtown Showdown. It was wicked. When the moon was high and the freaks were out we made our way back to Shoreditch for the Vans after party. Unfortunately we had some issues getting in but we did make friends with a French skater outside. He was super cool.

Numerous church funnies followed by the baking of berry scones, an afternoon nap and skype dates made today amazing day number three.


This was a big deal for me, because tiny people frighten me just a little. 



Sir Ben Raemus aka quality lush.