Thursday 19 January 2012

like fathers, like grandfathers

The last commute to my beloved Richmond was made last night. I walked the streets in the dark and sat by the river like I used to do. I ambled to The Mitre and sang to the treasured folk that I've come to love in all this time. I think this is a place, a people that I will miss the most. They took me in and made me feel like a part of the family. And I do, I do feel that I am. And it is an honour. 
The moment I turned my back and told my feet to walk away I crumbled a little, a lot and my cheeks were showered with sadness. I cried all the way home, until there were no tears left to cry. 
They loved me here, there. And I loved them. I do love them. Like Fathers, like grandfathers. You will be missed. 











This is the street I picture when I read Dorian Grey on account of I like to think it is the actual street. In fact it very well could be. It is Grosvenor and it is in Richmond. 






Chris. 


Marko.


Sebastian.

*For the record Marko, you fall under the Fathers category.