Friday 22 April 2011

brighton

I've come to realise that the English people get ever so excited when the sun comes out, and to be fair they have a right to be after enduring the winter months. I find it funny though that they flock to pebbled beaches and whip off their shirts like it's too hot to be clothed in twenty-five degree heat.

I caught the train in to Brighton and wrote a song because I finished my book. I wandered to the beach and found Erika and Elliot lost in a sea of excited English folk. We walked along Brighton Pier, which always reminds me of a certain film. There was a great deal to see and smell and hear, joyful faces and belgian waffles and squeals of delight.





Just a side note: the seagulls here are unnaturally large and incredibly terrifying.









Once again, the view from Putney Bridge as I was on my way home.