Friday 8 April 2011

dancing there above the dead, let's celebrate that we're not yet

This, friends is possibly the greatest discovery I have ever made. It was one of my accidental findings of my Chelsea adventure yesterday. A cemetery, the greatest of all cemeteries. It was proper amazing, so amazing, so huge in fact that I spent what must have been close to an hour wandering its grounds. Thousands and thousands of lives, millions and millions of stories. I'm still in awe of its glory. Honestly, I may go so far as to say it's my favourite thing yet.





This was maybe my favourite part, there were three of these things. I felt like I was in a horror film walking down those stairs to peek through the holes in the gate. According to the plot, there should have been some phanton noises and perhaps a mysterious movement followed by a zombie lurching at the gate to give me the fright of a life time. But it didn't happen. I did run back up the stairs though, just to be safe.

The serpents certainly added to my fearfulness. It looked like something you'd find on the third floor of Hogwarts.
  
I wanted so badly to better see what was inside, alas this is all I could get a glimpse of.