Wednesday 27 April 2011

upward over the mountain

There's much to report on this week so far. No photographs unfortunately due to the fact that my camera battery is dead and the charger seems to be having relationship issues with the powerpoint. I haven't had the time to sit down and sort it out, but will do so in the coming days.

Monday I fell asleep in the sunshine and missed my family. I went wandering in SOHO and stumbled upon a groovy juice bar/cafe called JOE & the JUICE where I was served by two fit young gentlemen, one was wearing a striped tee shirt which I enjoyed. Not nearly as much as I enjoyed their accents.

Tuesday started out terrible. I stood in the cold at a train station for almost two hours waiting for a call that never came which made me a little sad and somewhat frustrated. The fact that I woke up at 5am really didn't help the situation either. I missed my family again.
Having had a not so great morning, a lunch date with Spencer sounded like a good idea. He took me to eat Mexican which earnt him brownie points simply because I'm quite the fan of a good Mexican meal. He also got brownie points for paying. When our bellies were full we perused music stores for quite some time and I learnt how to play the banjo, sort of. Had I have had a gold star I probably would have pinned it to his checked shirt, for making my day on many levels.

Today I started a job as an Au Pair which is exciting. Quite exciting in fact.

So despite having a few stumbles I am moving upward over the mountain, things are falling into place and I'm happy.