Friday 1 April 2011

I'm beginning to feel a little older than I did when I left home. The other night Elliot and I did something I always imagined I would do when my hair had begun to grey. We went to a classical music performance at a music college. An orchestra consisting entirely of french horns is actually much more enjoyable to listen to than you would think. It was wonderful, despite the odd moments when a player would empty the spit that had collected inside their horn. Quite a site.

Last night Erika and I went cycling down Abbey Road, past the studios and over THE crossing, through to Hyde Park. Having not used my legs to pedal a bike in years I was seriously doubting my abilities to make it home again. Weaving through traffic and riding by double decker buses can be dangerous business when it's dark and the only bike light you have is one clipped to the back pocket of your jeans but I did survive. My legs were all jelloid and I could barely climb the stairs when we got home but I did enjoy myself.

I'm all out of food so I'm off to buy groceries. I do love a good afternoon peruse at the grocery store, especially in London. Doing it all on my own makes me feel grown up. I think we're having a Parsifal cheese and wine party tomorrow night, minus the wine. That also makes me feel older.

p.s. Here are some more photographs from my recent travels.